Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 19 August 2010

This Week.....

This week has been one of those topsy turvy exhausting weeks that lead me to sit down and wonder why the hell I put myself through it.

One of the SHAK dogs has been at the vets since Tuesday, and is currently still in a serious condition. I really do not feel now is the right time to name which dog it is, as after losing Spirit in such a traumatic fashion I really do not want to tempt fate. I know this may sound selfish, but I really do not know how I will cope if I lose another of the SHAK family.

One dog that looks as if it has been deprived the chance to join that family, is Grace the Bull breed with the horrific injuries. For legal reasons I can not go into details, however she will not be released to rescue. I will let you make your own conclusions to her fate after she has served her 7 days.

Thank you to everyone who pledged towards her treatment if we were to get her. Everyone at SHAK appreciates your faith and support.

Today did see one dog in desperate need of a place to go arrive at The Rescue Place. Bear (not a very lady like name I know, its under review) the Leonberger made the journey north and arrived late tonight. She is overweight and has a suspected mamary tumour, so is another that needs vets attention.

Thanks to Maurice and his daughter for bringing her on a horrendous journey north, and thanks to Jennie for twisting my arm right up my back.