Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 16 September 2010

The Week That Was.....

It has been some week, and one that will live long in the memory. Every time I look at Bear's kennel I can still see her watching, eyes fixed on me, head tilted, never has a dog been so desperate to talk. I miss you girl.

It is the "industry" that we are in I guess, that as soon as you have a space another desperate soul finds their way to you. We had another lost girl arrive today, but I can't disclose any details at the present time.

Another recent arrival made a significant step today. Summer arrived a week ago today, terrified, prepared to bite, and refusing to let you put a lead on. A week of hard work has paid off, as after being able to get her into the inside runs, today she let me clip a lead on her collar, and we set off on a walk in the Northumberland country side.

A week that started so sad and will live with me forever, just got a little bit better. Thank you Summer for being so brave and restoring my faith.