Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Hug And A Kiss From Ellie.....


Life goes on, and time waits for no man, so today it had to be very much back to normal after the sadness and shock of losing Scooby yesterday. I'd like to thank the SHAK team who was in both yesterday and today, and also to say how very proud I am of the way they handled such awful circumstances, and also how well they supported me in something that I don't really think has sunk in. People often say to me "I couldn't do your job, it would hurt too much" well my team have proved in the last 24 hours that they are more than capable, and both myself and the dogs are very lucky to have them.

Nothing brings a smile to your face like a kiss from a dog, and today Ellie really warmed a my heart with affection. I picked her up as a stray and I couldn't help but fall for that face of hers. She is such a character, and really enjoys her strolls with our own Honey. We are actively looking for a Forever Foster home for her, so please get in touch via email (shak@shak.org.uk) if you would like to be considered for offering Ellie a home. North East of England only please.

Ellie is going to make someone a lovely pet, and today she showed me just how lovely life with her could be.