Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Amazing Support. Thank You.....

The support we received last weekend was once again amazing, and I really mean that. I can remember when every penny raised for this charity was pretty much raised by me getting various parts of my body waxed or doing a sponsored something or other, so personally to have the number and events and supporters that did us proud last weekend really does mean alot.

During the day on Saturday it was the Little Snorters Christmas Party. I believe there was some great fancy dress costumes (on the dogs) and a great time was had by all. Thanks once again to Joan and Sheila for taking along the SHAK Tombola and a thank you also to Leah O'Sullivan for both the invite and the donation. The support we are gaining from the "Doggy World" is brilliant, and even more so when its the little dogs helping there less fortunate bigger pals.

Sheila and Joan then moved onto the Blue Bell Pub in Jesmond Vale for the SHAK Christmas Party. Thanks to Nic and all his staff and customers for another fantastic night. It was great to see some familiar faces who'd come along to lend support, even from as far afield as Manchester! Although I think the journey is worth it just to see Snarf the German Shepherd roaming the bar for strokes.

Sunday saw Derek brave the wintry conditions once again to sell hot drinks to cold dog walkers down at Seaton Sluice. This week I think a special mention goes to his wonderful wife Sandra, who despite some personal issues still insisted on making sure Derek had enough delicious scones to sell come the Sunday morning.

On behalf of everyone at SHAK thank you all so much. We have around 70 dogs in our care, and turn others away every day as we simply do not have the room to take them in. We couldn't help the ones that we do without your help. I'm just looking at Dusty, Dudley, JD and Star all curled asleep at my feet as I write this. Four SHAK dogs that found their way to my house. They'd probably be dead if it wasn't for your support. Thank you.