Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 20 August 2012

Please Sponsor Lynn.....

Hello!

So in a slight moment of madness I decided to apply for a place in this year's Great North Run and miraculously managed to get a place on my first time of applying (everyone I spoke to said that just doesn't happen!). So come the 16th of September I will be attempting to run 13.1 miles, hopefully in about two and a half hours - not looking at breaking any speed limits for the first time in my life!

As most of you know the charity SHAK is a very special charity for me. SHAK stands for Safe Homes and Kindness and they provide just that for dogs have have been abused and abandoned. Having volunteered there for eighteen months I have become very attached to the dogs that have wandered through the doors over the time I was there and not one of them would still be alive if it hadn't been for Steve and his staff and volunteers. As he says SHAK takes the dogs nobody else wants! The aim of SHAK is either to rehabilitate the dogs, no matter how long it takes until they can become a much loved pet in a new home or if that would be too traumatic for the dog they will be given love, attention, stimulation and care for the rest of their lives.

Please, please dig deep for our puppies - SHAK is an entirely independent charity which relies entirely on charitable donations so when they say every little helps, it's true, every penny counts.

Lynn x

Run Sharpy Run..... Link To Sponsor.