Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 28 January 2013

Postcard From Spike (aka Wilf).....

Dear Geoff and Steve

Time is whizzing by and I thought I'd give you an update and some recent photos of Spike.

We recently went up to Scotland to stay in a log cabin, so that was probably Spike's first holiday. I've attached a few photos for you. He found it all a bit mind blowing (SO many smells!) but was very well behaved, all things considered. In the cabin he took his cue from Anya, and wherever Anya's bed is, that's home, so they settled down immediately.

He definitely likes his exercise; we used to think that we gave Anya quite a lot of walks but Spike has raised the game by a long way. One day in Scotland we walked 11 miles - Martyn Anya and I were just about on our knees when we got back but Spike was obviously just getting warmed up and ready for the next 11!

I have enrolled him in a beginners agility class with Raven River Agility to start in a few weeks' time - I think he will love it and I'll let you know how he gets on. He is very very bright and we're looking at other ways to keep him stimulated so we're getting a back pack for him so that when we can only do shorter walks in the mornings, he will be working just that bit harder. With the dog walkers pack, he has a great time with Jeff the border collie and Muriel the greyhound who both like to play as rough as he does!

Just looked at your website tonight and saw the sad news about Nina; I'm so sorry to hear that, but it's nice that she chose her own time and went peacefully. Although we didn't meet her I know she was a hugely important part of what you do, and many thanks are due to her for living with Spike and teaching him about life. I just hope she wasn't missing him too much.


I hope everything is going well for you, sadly you're never going to be short of dogs but yet again on behalf of Spike, thank you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.