Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 4 May 2020

Competition Winners Review.....


A little while ago I ran a competition to win a signed copy of my book Its A Dogs Life. The only condition was that once read, a review was to be sent. I was open to both good and bad.

A lady called Charlotte won, and as promised here is her review.....

It's a Dog's Life

Being an animal lover & having two rescue dogs of my own I knew this was going to be an emotional read, with which I might struggle.  When on the second or third page I already had tears in my eyes (I'm a big softie), I did contemplate not putting myself through it. However, I felt I owed it to dogs everywhere, toughened myself up and finished the book in one sitting.

The book is beautifully written, the story told through the eyes of a dog in the pound. Although a work of fiction, with a lot of truths encompassed, the author brilliantly portrays how life may feel & pan out for a dog that finds itself in such a situation. A situation which is all too common & an unfortunate harsh reality in this sometimes cruel world. The author educates the reader, cleverly incorporating many truths into the story by introducing characters with back stories that detail why many dogs find themselves abandoned & unloved by those they trusted unconditionally.

This book is a must read for any animal lover and in an ideal world would be an essential read for anybody thinking of owning a dog.

It was, in one word, unputdownable, despite the occasional escaped tear and a good sob at the end. A highly recommended read... but definitely have the tissues to hand!

Very kind words indeed and greatly appreciated. If the boredom of lockdown has begun to set in, then maybe you want to give the book a read yourself and in turn help our dogs.

As we all continue to fight against this pandemic, I am still tying to help us raise much needed funds, 50% of all copies bought from my own online store www.stephenwylie.com will be donated back to the dogs. That's £3.50 per book going to SHAK. Unfortunately, my writing isn't good enough that I am able to write off the production costs.

You can buy a copy here:

https://stephen-wylie.my-online.store/Its_A_Dogs_Life/p5936357_19208140.aspx


You can buy a copy and help our dogs from the link below: