Change Lives

Change Lives

Friday 1 October 2010

I Nearly Had Puppies.....

In what has been another busy week, we had a little bit of a panic earlier in the week, as Judy suffered a prolapse and had to be rushed to the vets to be speyed.I'm sure the ladies amongst you will know the full details of what a prolapse is, but my understanding is that her body had produced too much estrogen, and her lady bits that should remain inside were so swollen they were beginning to show on the outside. You can imagine the sheer panic on my face when I went in to find it, I thought she was having puppies!

Thanks to Gregg and Ameri for vets runs, and Moorview vets for once again fitting her in at such short notice.

Till (formerly Boris) is doing well in his new home, he has even started his training classes. Here is the latest update from his new Mam.

"Last night saw the second night at dog club and he was really good. His scores this week were:

Positions (sit, down and stand all on the spot) B+
Heelwork A

The scores (for different exercises) will be allocated each week and recorded to monitor progress (A+ being the "best possible" and D- the "needs much more work") I was delighted and so was Till as he devoured a bag of lovely sausages in the space of 1.5hrs! This was great for an old boy starting a new class full of lively puppies."

Well done Till, everyone at SHAK is proud of you.