Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 20 October 2010

The Other Side, And Why We Do It.....

Thank you to everyone who has sent emails or texts of support and kind words after yestedays post on here. Your support does mean alot, and although I didn't post yesterday to get sympathy, its nice to know so many people are behind what everyone involved with both SHAK and The Rescue Place are trying to do. It just gets hard, and yesterday signified to me just crucial it is that we keep going. People keep telling me that we are doing something unique here. I just think we are giving the dogs that need a chance the most that chance. The fact that a dog lost its life because there is no other place in the country prepared to give him that chance, is something I have to accept. I didn't set out to do this 4 years ago when I lost Shak the dog, and SHAK the rescue began.

There has been some major progress made of late, small steps that are major developments to us. Faith was at the vets today to be speyed, quite an achievement considering the day she arrived with us I wasn't sure that she would make it through the night she was that stressed and frightened. Today, Mammy Karen reports she was as good as gold and happy to be in her house again.

A dog that reminds me of Faith when she came, is Summer. I posted photographs of her and Scooby last week. They have spent the last week together in the runs and kennel during the day, and Summer has progressed so far. Having been unable to get the lead on her, it wasn't practical to let her off lead in the runs. A couple of days with Scooby and she even comes to the door now so you can clip the lead back on. And boy does she like the other dogs.

Nina and George have also been spending a lot of time which each other, and now kennel together. Its company for them both, and its nice to see them with each other.

Sometimes news like I received yesterday clouds what goes on here, the dogs always make me proud though, and its the little things like those above, that keep us all going.