Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Success At The Planning Meeting.....

I have just returned from the planning meeting regarding Derek's fundraising, and I'm pleased to say it was a little success. The planning department of Northumberland Council wanted to restrict his activities to only the first Sunday in every month. However after hearing the arguments for and against (in which I myself was put on the stand) the councilors decided that the planning terms were unacceptable.

It was therefore decided that Derek can open the first and third Sunday in every month, which obviously doubles what we were expecting the outcome to be. It does mean we lose two weeks per month, but I'm sure the people who support us will help us come up with other ways of making up those lost funds.

I think there will be a full report in the Journal tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes and support both today and throughout this exhausting campaign, and maybes an old pensioner like Derek will be allowed to get some sleep tonight.