Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Haden Fights Back.....

It was a horrific weekend as Haden endured a heavy set of fits that started off quite well spaced out but got dramatically worse. Haden was diagnosed with epilepsy a few months ago, but his attacks were very few and far between. They made up for it this weekend. When I rushed him to vets at 3.30am I honestly didn't think I'd see him again.

I'm delighted to say that I picked Haden up this dinnertime, and although he is still clearly groggy from all the medication and sedation he's had, its great to have him home. I often wonder how he lost his front leg and if the fits are related to his disability somehow. I guess I'll never know, but I do know that he's a fighter, and I'm proud to be his foster Dad.

Thanks to Adam and Alnorthumbria Vets for looking after Haden when he really needed it, I just hope he doesn't need you again.

Anyone wishing to contribute towards Haden's vets bill can by the usual cheque to Wildwood Cottage, 3a Stead Lane, Bedlington NE22 5LT, paypal to shak@shak.org.uk or by paying it off vets bill directly at Alnorthumbria, Alnwick 01665 510999