Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 31 October 2013

A Difficult Day For Benson But Good News.....

Yesterday was a really difficult day, as after having been unwell I had the pleasure of accompanying Benson to the vets. Benson hasn't seen a lot of life, and the last trip to the vets I had with him to get neutered was the most difficult trip there I've had. So a full military operation was planned.....Yesterday though, I have to say he was a star.

Benson has been being sick, lost a little weight, and has a lump on his front left "ankle joint." After what I have just gone through with Smokey, I feared the worst. However, I'm pleased to say that X Rays showed no tumour or nasty mass in his abdomen, they also showed that the lump on the leg is arthritic rather than anything serious, and whilst tests for diabetes came back negative, we are waiting on the results of other blood tests.

Until I get those, I still won't relax, but I'm just so relieved that I brought him back to the kennels and home. Funny how you build a relationship with a dog through some really strange experiences. Benson's fan club got another member yesterday.