Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 25 February 2014

We Lose Two Very Special Boys.....

Things have been pretty hectic lately, hence the lack of activity on here. I will try to recap as much and as accurately as I can.

On Friday 14th SHAK lost two of its boys that had moved onto other things.

Little Vinny very sadly passed away after a sudden illness. He was a dog that Melissa instantly fell in love with after I'd picked him up as a stray, and it didn't take her long to sweet talk her parents into taking him home. His departure from this world was sudden, and he's left a family broken, but I think the poem Melissa has chosen to remember him says it all:

"They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again."


Run free lil man, love you handsome 
Vinny with his best pal Jack.

And a very proud Mam.

And with his big sister.



It was a day or two later that I also learnt that another old boy Jackson (formerly Sebastian) had lost his fight. Having lost a leg to cancer, the disease had spread to his lungs. I picked this guy up a couple of times as a stray, and I'm so pleased that he had a family that loved him so much in the end. The world has lost two amazing dogs.