Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 18 July 2010

A Very Brave And Special Boy Arrives At SHAK.....




Having been alerted to this beautiful boy on Friday, and learning how desperate his situation was, I'm pleased to say that Spirit (new start, new name) became a SHAK dog today. Thanks to Jennie at K9 Search and Sid and Sheila for bringing him all the way up here, together we have saved his life.

Spirit is in a horrendous state. He is skin and bone, and has no muscle tone on his back end what so ever. His right side is noticeably worse than his left, and he tends to hold that leg up at every opportunity rather than stand on it. I have seen a dog like this once before, our wonderful friend Roman, and I can't stop thinking that he too may have CDRM(There is a link to a definition of the disease at the end of this post.)However, I am not a vet its just a feeling I have, and we will have to wait till Spirit pays a visit to one next week.

He is very alert in himself, and still likes to have a run as you can see, which is where it comes down to us to be a "rescue" in the true meaning of the word. The next step is a vet visit, and then try and find him a suitable place to see out his days however long or short that may be.

I know already that he is going to break my heart.....

http://www.provet.co.uk/health/diseases/cdrm.htm