Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 4 April 2011

Harvey Goes Home.....


This morning was one of those mornings that bring a little lump in the throat, as after a month of sleepovers and introductions Harvey went home with our very own SHAK Volunteer Geoff.

I picked Harvey up as a stray and he instantly made a big impression on me. He was so friendly, but was extremely thin under that thick fur coat, and had a very strong smell of urine. The night before I picked him up he had been seen chasing cars on a remote road, and I can only presume that maybes he had been dumped from a car.

Geoff has spent a lot of time getting to know Harvey, although the feeling is definately mutual, and I guess that Harvey is now really pleased Geoff picked him up from the vets for a sleepover after being neutered. Thanks Geoff for giving Harvey the home he deserves, and thank you Harvey for simply being you.