Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 26 January 2014

A Year Since I Lost My Kennel Girl.....

January last year was a very difficult month for me and SHAK, losing my two fosters Brookes and Dusty within 5 days and then my girl at the kennels, Nina just a week or so later. Friday just gone was the first anniversary of her death.

Nina had a terrible life before arriving with us, used as a security dog in a way where the most affection she ever got included violence. I fell in love with her the minute she arrived, and it was clear the feeling was mutual.

Along with her ex work mate Gunnar, Nina proved the world wrong on so many times, and I personally learnt so much from a dog that had served her worth elsewhere and had nowhere to go.

I miss her, she was a true inspiration. A fine lady, but above all simply a wonderful dog.

The Day We Lost Nina x.....