Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 5 January 2014

We Lose One Of The First.....

It was with great sadness that I share this email with you. Holly was the first ever Mastiff on SHAK's books. She came with a reputation almost as big as her, but turned out to be such a sweetheart. Dog's like Hunter have Holly to thank.....

We found her the best Mam and Dad any dog could wish for, and I'm so pleased we were there to pair this love eternal up. My thoughts are with them both.

"Hi Steve

I hope this letter finds you well.  Unfortunately I write bearing bad news, Holly, our beautiful English Mastiff sadly passed away a few weeks ago, she had been diagnosed with an inoperable tumour on her optic nerve
for about 3 years and had been completely blind since diagnosis, this hadn't changed her life in any major way as she was still super happy and lived a fantastically spoilt life.

In October this year however she developed a growth on both sides of the rib cage and stopped eating completely, her life had then become unbearable for her and we made the heart breaking decision to help her
move on in life's journey to Rainbow Bridge.

Needless to say, everybody is heartbroken, my only solace is that one day we will meet again and I can hold her in my arms like I did the first day we met at SHAK.

If not for you we would never of had the pleasure of having our babba in our lives.  She made our lives complete.  I miss her more each day, and the day that can I wake up or go to bed not crying has yet to come.  I have never felt pain like this but am so joyful and glad that I was able to cherish each and every moment we spent together.

Holly's ashes are now planted in our garden, under a Holly bush in her favourite sunny spot....I find peace sitting beside her and feel she is with me......I can NOT however, bring myself to wash her 'nose art' off my
patio doors.

Once again Thank You for pairing us together....one of life's great decisions.

God Bless you all and the great work you do.

Bev & Rob Hammill

P.S. I've attached a couple of photo's of our Great Girl for you x"