Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Enid Blyton Couldn't Write About This 5.....

A few weeks ago I showed the first picture from what has now become German Shepherd Club. It was the one of Doyle enjoying a stroll with Star and my Oskar. All three had suffered from dog aggression issues, yet all three love the company. Oskar and Star are used to other dogs from being home with me, but for Doyle this was a massive step, and one that he was very happy to make.

Well on Saturday the club members grew, as Laser and Murphy joined the walk, made a whole load of new friends!

There is something special about walking this lot, and once they saw the photographs I knew I would have a job to keep the leads from Melissa and David! Oskar had a day off yesterday, but David still took the other 4 out, and was chuffed to bits to be walking them and 4 dogs all at once. You have to remember that David was afraid of German Shepherds when he walked through the doors of The Rescue Place a year ago.

Not to be out done, Melissa was straight on the case today, and Oskar was back at work. Even looking at these pictures now I am amazed, all these dogs were written off and faced being destroyed (apart from Oskar) and dog aggression was one of the main factors. I am proud of the work we do, but so proud of the dogs that work even harder on their issues.