Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 28 February 2017

And An Update On The New Boy.....

Of course yesterday I introduced you to another amazing boy, the one I have decided to call Keene, which apparently is German for 'sharp' and to be honest it really sums him up.

Keene had a tough act to follow after Axel''s impressive show, but he wasn't intimidated by the new surroundings,  he simple sucked it all in. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a dog that is so alert and switched on to EVERYTHING. He knows exactly where you are all the time, and is fully aware of everything that is going on around him. I didn't feel threatened at all, just aware that I was under surveillance! Even when we stopped for photographs there was a visible glance my way when I moved my hand slightly more over his side. I could see he was recalculating the situation. Though as you can see he did let me get that little bit closer.



On the way back we stopped to pick up his poo bag, but he beat Melissa to it.....


The incredible thing was once he did put it down and Mel picked it up, he ever so gently took it from her hand and carried it again.

Keene is incredible. A dog more intelligent than I've possibly ever seen before, yet he was a vets appointment away from having life taken away.