Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 5 February 2017

The Big Rescue Has A Sad End.....

In my last post I mentioned that I was working on one of our biggest rescues to date, it's with great sadness today that I have to tell you that despite everything that was done for him, the little guys body wasn't strong enough and we lost him this weekend. Taken fron us before he'd even arrived.

I was contacted a couple of weeks ago about a little crossbreed that had been ploughed into by a car and left for dead in a ditch in Romania.  I know the subject of importing dogs is a controversial one, but now isn't the time to discuss that, my own take is that if a dog needs help and people accept responsibility for life then location shouldn't really matter.

Anyway, little Negrutu was found in the snow and left to die. His legs were frozen together he was so cold, resulting in open sores. However a worse discovery was made when it was found he was paralysed from midway down his back. He was taken to the vets where he was quite happy to accept the use of wheels to get around, but he was very under weight and weak. That was when I was asked to help him.....

Some very kind people donated the money to buy him his own set of custom made wheels and the process began to try and get him to us.

Last week things took a turn for the worst again, as the little man was rushed to the vets again, this time with suspected renal failure. He died this morning.

There was something special about this dog that stole my heart from the minute I saw him. So special it made me think about situations and broaden horizons that I'd never done before. We are full to capacity as normal and won't be venturing into bringing dogs to the UK,  but Negrutu really needed our help.

I'd like to say a special thank you to the people who brought this little guys story to my heart, and did everything they could to get him here. Although he never quite made it to us, I will always think of him as a SHAK dog, and one who certainly showed so much courage in his will to live.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.