Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 1 October 2012

Calling All Retired Management.....


I’d like to take this opportunity for a plea for help and also to offer a great opportunity for someone to get involved with SHAK.

Over the last couple of years and since the launch of this radio show SHAK has made some great contacts in the local area and has attracted a great deal of interest and new volunteers.  As a result, I am becoming overwhelmed with the number of offers for foster homes and desperate pleas for us to have new doggie residents.  

‘Now I really need  another type of volunteer - a right hand man or woman  to assist with the day to day running of the kennels,  to organise the other volunteers, arrange the  rotas and help with the paperwork so that I can concentrate on vetting and matching dogs with potential foster families, and working with the dogs with the biggest issues…..

The role might suit a retired person who misses the buzz of managing people and has a bit of time to offer.    I see it as an ‘operations manager’s’ type role and I need someone I can rely on for a few hours 4 or 5 days a week.

Hears the snag though, The biggest problem is that the charity can’t afford to pay them…….is there anybody out there wants to help the charity grow and use their skills to help us progress?’

If so please get in touch via office@shak.org.uk

Thank you.