Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 30 September 2013

Misty's Holidays.....

Misty was another one of our dogs that has been lucky and had a little trip from the kennels, spending two nights with Auntie Jill. Here's a little report on how well she did:

"Misty bounced into the car as if she knew she was leaving the kennels behind for a couple of days.  On our own, she lay on the back seat.  When she arrived at my home, she raced around the house checking it out and landed full stretch on the couch - she was home.  She had clearly lived in a house before.  This was also shown when she showed me she was house
trained and also when she leapt under the covers with me when I went to bed.

The next morning was bath time.  Although she didn't enjoy it, she behaved well.  She enjoyed walks (although we didn't meet any other dogs), a trip to my mam's house (where she spent the whole time sitting and giving a paw for one treat after another) and had fairly good recall when I tested her off lead in a secure field.  She thoroughly enjoyed bouncing through the long grass and sniffing out all the different smells.  Between walks, she wanted nothing more than to cuddle into me and sit outside the dog treat cupboard.  She gave me so much love and pleasure in two short days and showed me how quickly she could adapt to a new home."