Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 17 November 2016

The First Steps To Trust.....

There has been a lot of interest in Axel's story from right the way back to when he was found in such an appalling state, and rightly so as he is such an incredible character.

Today I tried something we hadn't since he arrived, we went out without the muzzle.  He was brilliant and even sniffed at it hanging from my waist several times as if to say "haven't you forgotten something?"

Bring a convert to the world of 'selfies' it seemed to good an opportunity to be missed, a photo with my handsome new pal without a muzzle. Then this happened.....

(Facebook viewers need to click in the post to see all the photos at www.shak.org. uk)




Not the most flattering photos I admit, but ones I am very proud of. I feel very special that after all he has been through, Axel has enough belief in me that he can trust me to get this close.