Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 15 December 2016

Ember Comes Home.....

It's amazing how some of these dogs get into people's hearts, so I'd like to thank everyone who has prayed for Ember over the last couple of days. The latest on this beautiful girls story is that I picked her up last night after her CT scan, and enjoyed some glorious cuddles.

You will have to excuse my lack of depth when describing the results ad my medical knowledge isn't fantastic,  but I will try my best. The scan didn't show up anything immediately obvious, and certainly not the horrendously large tumour I think we were all fearing. However whilst that is good news it doesn't quite get her out of the woods. Her lymph glands are still reactive, every single one of them.  That in itself raises huge alarm bells and points at Lymphoma, but in theory the lymph nodes could also be fighting infection, and she does have several areas of bad skin throughout her body. However, that too could indicate a form of lymphoma that can force fur loss..... you can begin to see the dilemma.....

There also doesn't seem to be any blockage of the exit of the stomach, so maybe her body has been so starved of food that that is why she has had issues functioning normally?

The lump on her nose, she also has another on her head and some between her toes, is definitely of bone material. Now whether they are tumours or unnatural bone growth we can't really tell. With both these and the lymph nodes the only way to tell for sure would be surgery and biopsy taken from all of them. I don't think it's fair when she's I'm such poor condition to put her through all that just yet.

So, we've decided to start her on a course of antibiotics that will treat any skin infections and see where she goes from here. It's a long shot that all of this could be down to neglect,  too be honest I'm just pleased to see her again. I really thought there was no coming back.

Moorview Vets have been amazing as always, and have done all they can to help us and her. However, as I'm sure you know,  CT scans aren't cheap and at present her bill currently stands at £700. So close to Christmas we desperately need your help with this. You can donate via PayPal to shak@shak.org.uk or by sending a cheque made payable to SHAK to SHAK HQ. Greenwell Road, Alnwick NE66 1HB.

I know this can be a really difficult time of year to find any spare money, but we had to give Ember the best. Her life depended on it.....

Ember enjoying a wander around the garden after the vets last night.