Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 12 December 2016

The Journey Starts For Ember.....

So today was a really big day for our Dogue De Bordeux that arrived on Friday, or Ember as I've decided to call her.

As I mentioned in last night's post there is so much going on with her that I really felt that she needed to be seen by our friend at Moorview Vets Emily, and then between us we could come up with a plan to help her.

So this morning I picked Ember up early and we had a nice drive down. She was brilliantly calm in the van and met Star and Henry who shared the journey and the vets appointment, in a very polite and friendly manner.

On our road trip.....
I think it is only natural that you are a little apprehensive when introducing a dog her size to a a vet,  but I needn't of worried as Ember was amazing.  She even rolled on her back so Emily could examine the lump on her snout as her jowls rolled back. It was as if she knew.....

The lump is rock hard, and Emily confirmed my big worries that it looks more like a tumour than an absess. Coupled with the fact all of her lymph nodes are extremely enlarged, early indications seem to point to a cancer of some sort, probably lymphoma.

So today we find ourselves back at the place we all dread but seem to visit regularly right now. This morning I had to make a decision on what the next step should be. After speaking with Emily we both agreed we had to do it properly or not at all, so tomorrow I am taking Ember back down to get the lump x rayed and biopsies taken from her lymph nodes. I guess the results of those tests will show us what we are up against and will decide what happens next.....

In the meantime Ember's journey did start today. She got a new name and made a load of new friends.  I can already tell she is going to be a massive personality it will be a privilege being around.

Tonight she is staying at home with us and as I went to get Henry out of the van for a walk with Bandit and Donnie, Ember surprised me by spritely jumping out of the van and joining the boys. Walking these 4 together in one hand is an experience I will never forget, and a moment I am very proud of. All 4 have been written off with different problems, but tonight they just enjoyed being dogs, how amazingly beautiful is that?


(L-R Donnie, Henry, Bandit and Ember)
(Facebook viewers will need to click on the post to see all of the photos.)