Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Silly Season Once Again.....

The last 24 hours has seen a return to silly season, as people seem to think that their is an abundance of money and kennel space in the world of rescue. I wonder if it is a coincidence that it is the holiday season, and I am receiving phone calls with some of the most ridiculous and lame excuses I have ever heard. I won't go into details of each individual case, as I believe these "dog lovers" genuinely live on a different planet to the people that have to deal with the problems they have created. I'm sure anyone who works/has worked in rescue knows exactly what I mean.

Talking of the holiday season, I wonder if these people even consider the fact that during the summer, boarding kennels are full? There is no kennel spaces available, rescues are hard pushed to help.

I think you can probably tell from this post why SHAK pulled away from taking dogs from the public, and deal only with the poundies. Yet despite this being perfectly clear on both the website and the voicemail I still get the gun pointed at my head and messages like the one today.....

"If you don't take it I'll have it destroyed."