Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Worrying Times With Rohan.....

It's been another emotional week with big Rohan going through the mill. He's walking has deteriated of late, and although I hate to admit it his back legs have been a bit shaky.

A trip to the vets last week highlighted our concern and it was decided that a CT scan was probably the best way forward to try and find out exactly what was going on.

The brilliant team at Moorview carried out the scan yesterday, and whilst it's not great news it could of been worse. There doesn't appear to be any tumours on hus spinal cord, which is good,  but there does seem to be several areas of compression up and down his spine. Further investigation points at potentially a degenerative condition causing his problems, something like the dreaded CDRM.

I can't say I'm surprised having been through this several times with the likes of Roman and Dudley,  but I am pleased there's no sinister growths.  Rohan has lived with me and my family for a couple of years now. He came to is in horrendous condition after being left tied to a tree. However it feels likes it's now that he really needs us.....