Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Touch Of Poetry.....


Saw this is the latest edition of Homer (The Retired Greyhound Trust Magazine.)

The Perfect Dog - Judy Zatonski

They came to find the perfect dog

To join their family

Altho' they had a massive choice

The one they picked was me


BUT...


I didn't match the sofa

I wee'd upon the floor

They said I took up to much space

And that I scratched the door


They claimed I was aggressive

That I didn't heed my name

It seems I was their 'whipping boy'

For everyone to blame


I "didn't meet requirements"

Was the phrase they used

So I was taken back again

Frightened and confused


A day was all it took them

To turn this hound away

How could this boy have learned the ropes

In just one single day?


And so once more I waited

As the visitors passed by

I felt somewhat despondent

As I tried to catch their eye


Then someone stopped to stroke me

My ears and chin they scratched

Could this be my lucky day?

(Their sofa would I match??)


And on that day they chose me....

But I was quite concerned

My confidence was shaken

In case I was returned


BUT...


I didn't have to worry

And very soon I found

That they love me 'warts and all'

I was their 'perfect hound'