Change Lives

Change Lives

Friday 5 February 2010

Wednesday 3rd February 2010…..

I think I have calmed down enough to write this entry without getting myself into trouble. On Monday I lost the battle to save the pregnant German Shepherd Cross Bitch I’d been trying to save for the last week or so. To add insult to injury, a young male German Shepherd I had been asked to help by the same people was also destroyed. I will never understand the reason people call upon experienced help, and then do the exact opposite of what they originally set out to achieve.

Run free boy, and run with your babies at Rainbow Bridge girl, you are all probably better off without human interference.

Not wanting to put you in a sad mood (leave that to me) I’d just like to thank Derek and Sandra for another fantastic day of Fundraising on Sunday. Sandra dragged herself out of her sick bed as they pulled themselves through the £1,000 mark for 2010 already. An unbelievable achievement, thank you both so much, and everyone that goes down on a Sunday to support them. Speaking of which, it was great to hear that Lucas had made quite a journey to come and do his bit for SHAK. I know Derek was delighted to meet him, and if ever there was a dog that was an advert for what we try to achieve at SHAK, then Lucas is it.

Speaking of advertising SHAK and the charity itself, there are hopefully going to be some progress made in several areas very soon. Watch out for a new look website soon, and also a brand new Foster Program ran by Gregg so we can give dogs the chance to take the next step and begin life in a home environment. We obviously need a dedicated and understanding band of foster homes, so if you are interested please email shak@shak.org.uk

One dog that could benefit from such a scheme is little Daisy the young lurcher who returned to us on Sunday because of a change in circumstances in the home. Daisy is wonderful, but so playful and mischievous she needs a home with patience and probably another dog, as she loves wrestling with Bouncer.

Thank you also to everyone who has provided us with food donations recently, it is so greatly appreciated. I know the dogs love seeing me carry in those big bags! Also, thank you to everyone who has bought a SHAK Calendar lately. We still have a few left, please get in touch if anyone wants one. Every penny goes straight back to the dogs.